Several times each year we have an opportunity to host double bassists from universities, orchestras and ensembles throughout the country. In addition, the UI School of Music is equipped with video conferencing equipment (pictured at right) that allows us to collaborate with other bass studios throughout the country and around the world.
Recent guest clinicians include:
Click on the names to see pictures from the Master Classes.
- Iowa City Bass Day 04, 05, 06, Our Annual event for the young bass players
- Robert Black, bassist, Bang on a Can All-Stars and Professor, University of Hartford
- Mark Foley, Professor, Wichita State University and Principal Double Bass, Wichita Symphony Orchestra
- Diana Gannett, 03, 05, 06 Professor, University of Michigan
- Edgar Meyer, Grammy-winning bassist and recording artist
- David Murray, Professor, Butler University
- John Patitucci, Grammy-winning bassist and recording artist.
- DaXun Zhang, Concert Artist – University of Texas, Austin